Thursday, April 30, 2015

Why I hate my alarm clock or more Baltimore riot blather.

First a disclaimer. When I started doing this, I wasn't trying to create an Angry Black Blog. Seriously, I swear! But I already gave a catch-all explanation for this particular focus so blah, blah, blah, race card, blah, blah, blah, stop dealing it out, blah. Plus, i suddenly got hit with a big jolt of inspiration. Or was it indigestion? Ah, close enough. Basically this is a follow-up to my earlier post about what's going on in Baltimore.

Time me to break out the aluminum baseball bat be a use I'm about to beat a metaphor to death.

Like many people, I often have to get up in the morning in order to go to work, go to meetings or attend to other errands. My body may just be on Tokyo time or something, because I'm usually more awake around midnight and I'm definitely not a "morning person." In order to help me wake up, I use an alarm clock. Actually it's more like a constant struggle, because if I set it for early enough, I generally feel relatively sluggish, and do NOT want to get up. So when it rings I utilize the Slacker Method and push the snooze button on that baby and roll over, hoping I could ignore the morning (which, ironically enough, is why I usually set it early in the first place.) But of course the snooze button is only a brief ten minute escape. Not to mention the peculiar aspect of my alarm clock, where the alarm gets a little bit louder each time you temporarily delay it. So, like, if you set it for seven o'clock, and keep pounding the snooze button, by eight (yes, I know) it can sound like defcon-5. That's usually my limit so by that point I'm like, "Okay, okay, I'm up, dammit!" and turning the blasted thing off and waking the hell up.

Um...what the hell does THAT have to do with what's happening in Baltimore?

Yes I keep forgetting that not everyone speaks English major. So here's the special hint to help the nation connect the dots:

Stop hitting the snooze button and wake-up already, or the alarm will just get louder and louder to the point where you will be unable to ignore it, no matter you hard you try to roll over and get a bit more shut-eye in.


No comments:

Post a Comment